My Lovely Followers

Monday, November 11, 2013

AVON NAIL EXPERTS VITAMIN C CUTICLE GEL- REVIEW




























15 g for INR 149

Avon Says: - Avon NAIL EXPERTS Vitamin C Cuticle Gel instantly repairs dry cuticles, moisturizes the skin around nails and infuses it with nourishing vitamin c. The refreshing cream with rich citrus scent will keep your hands nicely smelling, soft and smooth.


To Use: Apply a small amount to cuticles, massage gently. Wipe any excess product.
































Ingredients: - Water/Eau, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum Peg/Ppg-20/15 Dimethicone, Parfum/Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Polyethylene Dimethiconol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, SD Alcohol 40-B, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Yellow 5 Lake/CI 19140, Red 30/CI 73360, Orange 4/CI 15510



My Opinion: - Long back I bought this Nail Experts Vitamin C Cuticle Gel from Avon when it was launched. It was priced at Rs 79 (special introductory price) and I immediately grabbed one as I thought I have nothing to lose. I used it daily twice for 20 days without much expectations and I observed my cuticles much well behaved, the roughness and dryness was gone!!!! I immediately called upon the Avon lady and placed an order for more. Thankfully in the next catalog also this awesome product was priced Rs 79 so I asked her to get me 3 more. And there began my love affair with this cuticle gel. Oriflame also had a similar product with similar Nourishing Nail Serum which I loved too but it was discontinued. I have finished off a number of tubes of this cuticle gel and just now I realized that I have not shared this awesome product with you all. So here I am putting forward my views on this product I adore.
































                       Now the packaging of this gel is very catchy, a bright orange see-through tube with a white screw-on cap. But it comes boxed in a black carton like most Avon product. Upon opening the white cap, you shall find a thin long nozzle to dispense the product right onto the cuticles. The gel is a transparent pale orange with bright orange beads that melt away upon slightly massaging. This gel is basically fragrance free as I have never been able to detect much scent in it. Only in the first few days of opening the tube, I get a faint orangey kind of scent but it is gone after a week of usage. The gel is watery and very light weight and does not make a mess of my hands. My cuticles are rough and dry but not damaged and therefore I began with using it twice a day, in the morning and at night but now I use it only in the day time after using my hand cream. My hands feel dry as I sit in an air conditioned office whole day and I keep a hand cream handy. 
























                       But after using this gel every day, my cuticles have softened and the roughness is gone. The nails as a whole appears to be more healthy and clean without any of those unsightly peeling off cuticles. I use an excess of nail paints & paint removers, that's the main reason for my dry cuticles both on finger nails & toe nails. But using this has improved the condition of dry and hard cuticles on my toe nails and dryness and hangnail on my finger nails. I just apply a small dot onto each cuticle and massage it on for a while and done. No greasy residue or oiliness is left behind, I do not feel the need to tissue off the remaining gel. Actually the gel gets absorbed into the the skin quite fast and being a non-oily light-weight formula it is mess free and hence it is mess-free and I prefer to use it during the day time. Out and out a great nail care product, there is a dearth of good nail care products as most big Indian brands don't have nail care stuff. Avon scores here with this cuticle gel.


Pros:


* Cheap

* Very effective on my cuticles

* Light-weight, oil-free gel formula

* Mess free as it gets absorbed into my skin very fast

*  Contains Shea Butter known for its moisturizing properties & Vitamin C known for to treat nail dryness (dry cuticles & hangnails)

* Can be used during the day while working, this gel will not stain yor precious dox or mess up your lappy

* Doesn't feel sticky

* Gives results in short time with regular use

* Makes nails healthy and lovely




























Cons:



* Availability is an issue as Avon consultants are hard to come by

* Avon has the knack of discontinuing its best products!!! What if they chose to take this Cuticle Gel off the shelf just like Oriflame did???
































                      I rate Avon Nail Experts Vitamin C Cuticle Gel 4.75 out of 5. My nails are not damaged but overuse of nail paints and removers definitely has its toll on them. My toe nails are comparatively much drier than my finger nails and this adorable Cuticle Gel helped combat the dry dry cuticles on my toes too. So I would say that it is one of the most effective treatment I have ever used. Highly recommended for all beauties who love their nails and wants to have pretty lovely nails. One of the best products from Avon I have ever tried!!!



Hope this review helped you in some way and do leave behind your sweet comments and also tell us about your experience with Nail Treatment Products. Thank you and have a wonderful Monday :)



6 comments:

Followmanimatters said...

Nice detailed review. Its so affordable. Totally agree on issue with finding Avon agents and the delay in receiving products

Indian Beauty Zone said...

Seems a good product to try :D

beautydiva said...

@Manisha Manimatters- Thank you :) But its worth a try...

beautydiva said...

@Radha Krishnakumar- Yes it is a great product, do check it out dear

Unknown said...

Wonderful review! Thanks for sharing!
Beautetude

beautydiva said...

@Simera H- Thank you very much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...