My Lovely Followers

Friday, October 4, 2013

ORIFLAME PROFESSIONAL BLUSH BRUSH- REVIEW




















1 Unit for INR 279

Oriflame Says: - The perfect blush brush.

Material: - Goat hair bristles with wooden handle.

Size: - 180 mm


























My Opinion: - After the foundation brush, I wanted to review the Oriflame Professional Powder Brush but it seems I have misplaced it as I have been using the Real Technique Brushes more often. So here I am with the review of Oriflame Professional Blush Brush which I didn't quite like. Now coming to the appearance of this blush brush, it has a glossy black aluminium ferule and a matte sleek wooden handle. Its not too long or too short, the length of the brush is perfect for handling and using it as needed. The goat bristles were soft when it was new and was non-scratchy too. 
































                       This brush is not as dense as I would like my blush brush to be, but it is very fluffy as you can see in the pictures. It is too fluffy and this is the reason it it difficult to blend with this brush. It also does not picks up the required amount of product (blush) and this is the reason I have stopped using this brush altogether. But when this brush was new, the story was different, it was less fluffy and did a decent job. It picked up required amount of product and blended well but needed some extra effort. I am a clumsy girl and wash my brushes once a week. The good story of this brush changed with 6-7 washes, less than 2 months of use :(



























                      I wash my brushes at night and leave them to dry overnight, that way I don't keep checking on them and waste time and get annoyed. This brush has been easy to clean and dried fast, no problems here. But it sheds with every wash, seriously 4-5 hairs shed every time. Initially I liked this brush taking into consideration its price of Rs 279, I had bought all of them when they were introduced with discounts.  But later on, as I kept on washing it, it lost its shape and became rough and scratchy to quite an extent. And one more thing I just remembered, its head was once rounded in shape but now it is more on the flatter side. End of its story :(






Pros: -


* Affordable

* Bristles were soft when new

* Good for beginners

* Sturdy and good-looking brush, the wooden handle and matte polish is still intact after in-numerous washes

* Dries fast upon washing






















Pros: -


* Availability is an issue

* Lost its shape with repeated washing

* Brush is not dense enough but too fluffy for my taste

* Does not pick up required amount of product and its blending capabilities has gone away after repeated washing

* Not Vegan since the bristles are made of Goat hair




                 I rate Oriflame Professional Blush Brush 3.25 out of 5 as it has lost its shape over a period of time. The bristles have become scratchy and rough and irritates my skin. Just after 6-7 washes it has become useless. So girls save your money for better brushes. But the girls who have started learning to apply blush can give this a try for practicing.



Hope this review helped you in some way and do leave behind your sweet comments and also tell us about your favorite blush brush. Thank you and have a great night :)


5 comments:

Natasha Bhatt said...

many who got this haven't liked this and ur review is no different.. hence convinced nw after reading ur review not to get this.. nice review dear!!!

beautydiva said...

@Natasha Bhatt- I truly liked it when it was new but afterwards it turned rough & scratchy. Thank you dear :)

Unknown said...

i used oriflame blending brush once....that was very scratchy too!

beautydiva said...

@Rachna Sharma- too bad dear. But I had a good experience with that blending brush. ty :)

Unknown said...

I bought this with the Oriflame powder brush. Both of their bristles are so rough to work with. It literally irritates my skin!! They don't pick up the product properly and using them is a nightmare! I wouldn't recommend these to anyone..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...