My Lovely Followers

Monday, September 30, 2013

ORIFLAME PROFESSIONAL FOUNDATION BRUSH- REVIEW





















1 unit for INR 329

Oriflame Says: - A high quality tapered brush that delivers a smooth and flawless application.


Materials: Nylon, Aluminium, Wood
























My Opinion: - Sometimes back when Oriflame launched the Professional Brushes Range, I gave in and bought all of them at the introductory price which Oriflame always gives its customers. I have a weakness for makeup brushes and I give in without much thought but these Oriflame Professional Brushes didn't disappoint me with their performance and over that they are pretty cheap if you wait for those "Sales". From today I start the reviews of these brushes (face brushes first) and then the eye makeup brushes will come later on. I begin with the most staple from my stash, the Professional Foundation Brush which is a flat brush with synthetic bristles. 






















                          I have heard and seen people on YT & Blogosphere saying they don't like to use this type of a flat foundation brush but I have also heard and seen people from these same places swearing by their capabilities. Actually its only a personal preference as to which type of foundation brush you want to use or you are comfortable using. When I first started I used only my fingertips, the best tools but very soon I moved on to Vega Foundation Brush (not the professional one) and step by step I went on to using Sigma Brushes, I am still a virgin to Mac Brushes but planning to lay my hands on them very soon. The transition was gradual and had to be.... might have happened to most of you.
























                               Now coming to the appearance of this foundation brush, it has a glossy black ferule and a matte sleek handle. Its not too long or too short, the length of the brush is perfect for handling and using it as needed. The nylon bristles are very soft and does not irritate the skin. The tapered bristles gives better reach to areas like corners of nose and the temples. The brush is dense enough to give a flawless look. This foundation brush is not so wide and hence it takes more time for blending to get a flawless non-streaky look. I have washed this brush ample no of times, I have lost count actually. There has been no shedding of bristles till date. I wash my brushes at night and leave them to dry overnight, that way I don't keep checking on them and waste time and get annoyed.
























                      Now the worst part is that this brush drinks up foundation if I don't spray a little rose water or face mist on the bristles before use. I prefer to apply the foundation on my face on dots and then blend in with the brush. This brush works well with all kinds of foundations except the powder ones, its good with concealers too. Applying foundation with this is a little time consuming because it takes a long time to blend in as the brush is narrow, just a little wider than concealer brushes. Other than these 2, I couldn't find any other con. Here in India, where there is a dearth of affordable makeup brushes, I think I can say that this foundation brush from Oriflame is a good one.


Pros: -



* Affordable

* Tapered bristles makes it easy to reach every nook and corner of the face

* Soft bristles <3 <3

* Dense bristles gives flawless application

* Dries fast upon washing & also never sheds

* Sturdy brush, the wooden handle and matte polish is still intact after in-numerous washes





Cons: -



* Availability is an issue

* Drinks up foundation if used dry, so I just spray rose water or face mist on the brush before use

* Application of foundation with this brush is time consuming as the brush is not as wide as most foundation brushes are or should be




                  I rate Oriflame Professional Foundation Brush 4 out of 5. A good affordable brush in the Indian market.The nylon bristles are soft and gives a flawless blending but application of foundation with this brush is time consuming. A good point is that it works with liquid, cream & mousse formulations and can double up as a concealer brush for the under eye areas.  At Rs 329 it is a must try provided you can get hold of a Oriflame Consultant.



Hope this review helped you in some way and do leave behind your sweet comments and also tell us about your favorite foundation brush. Thank you and have a great evening :)




6 comments:

Natasha Bhatt said...

i already have 2 brushes from oriflame.. they are decent enough.. would love to try this one sometime in future.. nice review dear :)

beautydiva said...

@Natasha Bhatt- Thanks my dear, these brushes are affordable and decent enough. Totally agree with you. Which ones do you have?

Unknown said...

looks great..i really wnt to oriflame brushes :)

my recent one :http://www.indianbeautyzone.com/2013/09/mac-studio-fix-powder-plus-foundation.html

beautydiva said...

@Tejinder Kaur- Thanks dear, they are nothing special but decent & affordable :)

Niesha said...

I had this long ago! It is good! Nice review dear.:))

beautydiva said...

@Niesha Jeenwal- Thank you dear, its a decent brush is all I can say :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...