My Lovely Followers

Thursday, September 26, 2013

ORIFLAME EVER LASTING FOUNDATION- LIGHT IVORY- SWATCHES & REVIEW



























Up To 10 Hours

With SkinRenew Complex

30 ml for INR 790

Oriflame Says: - Our Beauty Ever Lasting Foundation with patented technology provides medium to high coverage and gives your skin a velvety smooth and flawless finish. Developed after years of research at the renowned Oriflame Skin Research Institute, this foundation contains the exclusive Skin Renew Complex, which is proven to have a dual anti-ageing effect. It not only nourishes and smooths the surface of the skin but also penetrates the deeper layers to promote renewed skin with a fresh youthful feel.























































Ingredients: - Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Mica, Caprylyl Methicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Parfum, Propyl Paraben, Trimethoxycaprylysilane, Disodium EDTA, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Hydrolyzed Cranberry Fruit/Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499

























































My Opinion: - After a long hiatus I am back with the review of my present favorite foundation, Oriflame Ever Lasting Foundation and I had to choose the shade Light Ivory as the other shade available (Porcelain) has pink undertones and would never suit me. This shade has adequate yellow undertones to match my skin tone and I was more than happy the first time I applied it. Now coming to the packaging, this foundie comes in a cylindrical plastic see-through bottle with a deep red pump dispenser attached to its head. The lid is also made of see-through plastic which clicks shuts very well. It comes boxed in a pale yellow carton which actually looks like some medicated product. Overall the packaging is sturdy, convenient to use and carry around during travels.
































The fragrance of this foundation is kind of medicinal which fades off upon application. It looks like a thick cream but texture is buttery and glides on the skin easily. On applying this foundie to the skin, it becomes liquidy and blends in easily. I use either fingertips or a stippling brush to apply this foundation, the former gives sheer to medium coverage whereas the later gives medium coverage with an airbrushed look. This is one of those foundations that you can apply and forget that you are wearing something on your face. Its very light weight and gives that no makeup, seamless look to your face.





























This foundation gives medium coverage and is buildable, half a pump more will give you nearly-full coverage. When I use this foundation on my face, I don't need an extra concealer for my under-eye area and minor imperfections as they are covered to quite an extent. But it does not minimizes the pores around my nose instead settles into them as time passes on. And there arises the need to apply a primer which I don't mind as I have gotten into the habit of applying primer regularly since more than a year now. This foundation has anti-ageing ingredients in it with Skin Renew Complex but it comes without sun protection factor. Atleast it is not mentioned anywhere in the outer carton or on the bottle so I prefer to use my moisturiser+sunscreen religiously.





SINGLE PUMP





















Even after layering moisturiser and primer underneath this foundation, it does not look cakey or heavy on the skin. It gives awesome wear time, I put it at 8 in the morning and it lasts till I am back home by 6 in the evening. It makes my T-zone a little shiny after 4 hours when I stay indoors with air-conditioner and I prefer to dust off the area with a translucent powder. But in a non air-conditioned environment, it makes my T-zone shiny after 2.5 hours. The foundation does not fade off or becomes blotchy throughout the day. It stays in place all day and looks fresh with 1 or 2 touch-ups till I am back home. The best part is that it never irritated my already irritated skin and also didn't break me out. Isn't is a great foundation girls??? 




SWATCH- BLENDED




















Pros:-



* Lasts very long, rightly named Ever Lasting

* Didn't break me out or irritated my skin

* Gives medium coverage which is adequate for me

* Buildable to some extent

* Does not give that cakey or heavily made-up look

* Keeps fresh all throughout the day without fading

* Covers up minor flaws and under-eye circles




Cons: -



* Expensive (Wait till sales)

* Available only through Oriflame consultant

* Does not contain Sun Protection

* Seeps into the pores as time passes by, if used without a primer




            I rate Oriflame Ever Lasting Foundation in Light Ivory 4.5 out of 5. This foundation is my favorite nowadays. I just wish Oriflame threw in SPF 20 atleast. It gives sheer to medium coverage and can be built up, can be worn during the day as well as night with good results. Stays on whole day on the face without budging from place even it the hot weather. Out and out a good foundation from Oriflame.



Hope you enjoyed my review on Oriflame Everlasting Foundation, please do share your experiences with Oriflame foundations with us.


Thank you and have a great time ahead :)


12 comments:

Vipra S said...

Beautifully reviewed girl :)
Looks a good foundation and +1 if it doesn't break you out but currently I'm loving the MAC one :)

Unknown said...

I like Matte control foundation from Oriflame.. Will give it a try during sales..
Nice review :)

Unknown said...

nice reviews, I could hardly make-out this on your skin, it blends so perfectly

Indian Beauty Zone said...

I like this foundation nice review :)

coralcrue said...

good product, lovely review

Natasha Bhatt said...

vow.. that's a lovely find.. way too expensive though... nice review :)

beautydiva said...

@Vipra S- thanks dear, I am yet to try mac foundations but I do love their concealers. Will try out mac as soon as I finish off my current stash of foundies.

beautydiva said...

@Swati Reddy- ohh yes that matte control foundation is a good one I heard, shall try it out soon. Thank you :)

beautydiva said...

@Shikha S- thanks dear, it blends in very effortlessly and gives a seamless finish to the skin.

beautydiva said...

@Radha Krishnakumar- thanks dear, its one of my favourite nowadays. Really a nice foundation.

beautydiva said...

@Coral Crue- thanks dear, do give it a try ehen its up on sale.

beautydiva said...

@Natasha Bhatt- it indeed is a great foundation, wait for it to go on sale. Thank you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...