My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

LAKME FRESH FAIRNESS CLEAN UP FACE WASH- REVIEW





























With Vitabeads

50g for INR 90

Lakme Says: - Salon-Like* Clean-Up Now Everyday At Home!
# Wash away all visible dirt, pollution and impurities
# Leaves skin clean, fresh & visibly fair

#Professional Tip: Use the complete 3 STEP Lakme Fresh Fairness CLEAN-UP regularly.

Refers to basic products used in salon clean ups.


The dirt and excess sebum accumulated on your skin, tend to make it dull and dark. Wash away all visible dirt and impurities with Lakme Clean-up Fresh Fairness Face Wash and prep your skin for a deep cleansing experience. Enriched with glycerin to keep your skin soft and moisturized, and Vitabeads to lighten your skin, this face wash leaves your skin clean, fresh and visibly fair. (Taken from Lakme Website)



**Vitabeads are composed of Vitamin E,C & B3 to lighten skin tone**




Usage: Squeeze a small amount into your palms and work into rich lather. Massage on wet face. Rinse thoroughly with water. For all skin types.

Caution: Avoid contact with eyes. In case of eye contact rinse thoroughly with clear water.


























Ingredients: - Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Carbomer, Polyquraternium 39, Cocoamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerine, Perfume, Microcrystalline Wax Beads White, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Hydroxide, Menthol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Allantoin, Niacinanide, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, CI 17200, DMDM Hydanroin, Iodopropynyl Butyl Carbamate.

Face Wash contains Iodine




























My Opinion: - Yesterday I reviewed the newly launched Lakme Clear Pores Clean Up Range which were available in shops long before their formal launch. So today I am going to review the pretty pink Lakme Fresh Fairness Clean Up Range and I am starting with the face wash. In my Lakme Clear Pores Clean Up Face Scrub review post, I had said that I have been using an exfoliating face wash daily. Yes I was talking about Lakme Fresh Fairness Clean Up Face Wash with Vitabeads which I have been using since 45 days or so and I still have product left in the tube to be used. I don't use it when I use any scrub other than the Fresh Fairness Scrub.






























                         Ok now coming back to the review, the packaging is a pretty pink tube with opalescent flip open lid which I never take along during my travels. The lid is not loose at first but somehow it does not stay tight after some days of use. And hence I fear it might create a big mess in my makeup/skin care kit. The fragrance is mild and artificial with a touch of floral notes, I personally don't like it and I would recommend checking out the scent at the store before purchasing. It smells somewhat like bleach if I am not wrong.

























                           The face wash is a thick clear gel with a slight pink tinge to it with invisible beads which Lakme calls Vitabeads, you can just feel them when you rub your palms together to lather up the gel. I squeeze out a small blob of the gel on my palm and add a few drops of water, foam it and then apply to my wet face and neck and yes let me tell you it lathers up very well. I leave it to work for a minute or two and rinse off. Just a few splashes are enough to wash off the face wash and it does not leave behind any residue on my skin. It gives an instant cool tingling freshness, thanks to Menthol. The Vitabeads gives a gentle exfoliation to my skin which I think is necessary for oilies like me on a daily basis.


























                              This Fresh Fairness Face Wash leaves my skin soft and radiant and gives an immediate whitening effect which I hate. The effects are temporary but one thing I like about this face wash is that it can control oil for 2-3 hours. Also it does not give me that horrid stretchy after feel. It removes dirt and grime and light make up with ease. Lakme claims this face wash is suitable for all skin types but I have a doubt as it controls oil and my skin is very oily so I think it will not suit dry skin. Lakme also claims that this range is enriched with Apricot Extracts along with Vitabeads but I do not see Apricot in the Ingredient list.





























Pros: -


* Easily Available & Affordable

* Pretty Pink Packaging <3 <3 <3

* A small blob is enough for one use, 50 gms still going on after 1 + month of use

* Makes skin soft & radiant

* Gives cool tingling freshness

* Vitabeads gives mild exfoliation

* Washes off easily and does not leave behind any residue

* Cleans off dirt, grime & light makeup




Cons: -


* It smells mildly of bleach and the fragrance in overall is very fake

* Temporary effects

* Gives a fake whitening effect immediately on use

* Lakme website says that this range is enriched with Vitabeads & Apricots Extracts, then why is Apricot not mentioned on the ingredient list?



                I rate Lakme Fresh Fairness Clean Up Face Wash 3.75 out of 5. Its just another face wash with a slight exfoliating action. I hate the scent and the fake whitening effect it gives to my skin. Otherwise it cleans well and controls oil to some extent. Not for dry skin even if Lakme says this range suits all skin types, according to me. And that Apricot thing intrigues me :P



Hope this review helped you in some way and do leave behind your sweet comments and also share with us your experience with Exfoliating Face Washes. Thank you and have a great afternoon :)



Also read:

Lakme Nourishing Glow Clean Up Face Wash- Review

Lakme Clear Pores Clean Up Face Wash- Review


5 comments:

Vipra S said...

Nice review dear :) - Product seems promising one but somehow I'm pretty reluctant to use it

Unknown said...

I wanted to try this will surely try Nice Review dear :)

beautydiva said...

@Vipra S- Thank you dear :)If you have dry/sensitive skin kindly skip it.

beautydiva said...

@Rasa Nandini- Go ahead dear, thank you very much :)

Unknown said...

does face becomes dull after few hours ?? Is colour getting lost???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...