My Lovely Followers

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

LAKME CLEAR PORES CLEAN UP FACE WASH- REVIEW

























With Green Tea Extracts

50 g for INR 90

Lakme Says: - Get a Salon-like* Clean-Up
# Cleanses skin gently yet effectively for clear and matte skin
# Helps remove excess oil & helps prevent breakouts

Professional Tip: Use the complete 3 STEP LAKME Clear Pores Clean-Up regularly to see results.

* Refers to basic products used in salon clean ups.


The dirt and excess oil on your skin tends to make it dull and lifeless. Wash your face with Lakmé Clean-up Clear Pores Face Wash and prep your skin for a deep cleansing experience. Enriched with green tea extracts to help soothe your skin, and salicylic acid to prevent breakouts and fight blemishes, this face wash cleanses all visible dirt and impurities, helps control excess oil, and makes your skin feel tingling fresh and matte smooth. (Taken from Lakme Website)


























Usage: Squeeze a small amount into your palms and work into a rich lather. Massage on wet face. Rinse thoroughly with water. Suitable all year round.

Caution: Avoid contact with eyes. In case of eye contact rinse thoroughly with clear water.


Ingredients: - Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Cocamido Propyl Betaine, Glycerin, Acrylates Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer, Niacinamide, Sodium Chloride, Triethanolamine, Perfume, Salicyclic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Zinc PCA, Menthol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Benzophenone 4,  CI 15985, CI 19140, CI 40290, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butyl Carbamate.

Face Wash Contains Iodine.





























My Opinion: - Today I am reviewing the recently launched Lakme Clear Pores Clean Up Range With Green Tea Extracts, I shall start with the face wash first as this is the 1st step to the Salon Clean-Up Regime. This range promises to give a clear & matte skin in 3 easy steps. So lets find out how they fared with me, I have oily-acne prone skin and right now while writing this post I have 6 painful ugly acne sitting on my face. I have very oily skin and therefore I pounce on anything that says "With Green Tea/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extracts".The packing itself is very refreshing to the eyes, aqua green tube with opalescent flip open cap which I wouldn't trust while travelling, might leak and make a big mess. The fragrance is mild but very refreshing like fresh green tea leaves.































                      The face wash looks a very light blue-green gel and is on the thicker side as it is not at all runny. A pea size amount is more than enough and lathers very well. The ladies who love foaming/lathering face washes will love this. I usually take out a little on my palm, add a few drops of water, later it up and apply it on my face. I gently spread it all over my face and neck, wait for a couple of mins to let it work on dirt, grime, stale make-up etc and rinse off with water. A few splashes are enough for a squeaky clean feeling. My skin feels fresh and clean and also looks matte. But this face wash does not dry out my skin nor does it give me that horrid stretchy feeling. After that I use a toner and my regular moisturiser.


























                        This face wash definitely mattifies my skin and keeps it that way for about 4 hours at a stretch in an air-conditioned environment but in a non air-conditioned environment it is a little less potent, keeps my skin matte for 2.5 hours at the max. Now coming to the tingling fresh and smooth skin claim, yes both are true to some extent. I mean, upon using this face wash it gives that fresh-cool tingling feel (that justifies the presence of Menthol) and makes the skin very smooth temporarily. It also temporarily shrinks the pores and this is one reason most large-pored oily-skin beauties will love this face wash. The brand truly claims that Green Tea Extracts will soothe the breakouts which it does very well but the Salicylic Acid claim of preventing breakouts is not much true since I have quite a few ugly ones sitting on my face today even after using this product regularly for around 25 days (not less if more).

























                          This face wash will suit combination to oily skin with frequent breakouts, I say this as this face wash do not irritate my breakouts but soothe them to quite an extent. Another thing about the the fragrance is that it lingers on for sometimes before fading off. I don't think that refreshing but mild scent will bother even the sensitive noses. One more thing as I wrap up my review of this that it does not leave behind any residue on my skin and gives that squeaky feel to my skin. It does not clean off heavy makeup but it is not designed for that purpose so no problem in this area. But it does clean off your normal bb/cc creams etc but not kajals. For the last few weeks I have been using this range (scrub & mask) once every 5 days and this face wash every day once and I think I am liking it. But this range gives good result when used as a regime in combination with the other products (scrub & mask).






























Pros: -


* Easily Available & Affordable

* Soothes my breakouts

* Easy to rinse off, does not leave behind any residue

* Lathers very well (many girls love this quality in a face wash)

* Refreshing fragrance of fresh green tea leaves (extract/oil)

* Shrinks the pores, mattifies the skin, gives a smooth feel (temporary)

* Contains Green Tea/Camellia Sinensis Extracts & Salicylic Acid, both are known to be very good for oily-acne prone skin




Cons: -


* Contains SLS, hence the rich lather

* All the effects are temporary, very short lived



                     I rate Lakme Clear Pores Clean Up Face Wash 4 out of 5 specially because of its pore shrinking and mattifying capabilities though these are very temporary. The presence of green tea & salicylic acid didn't let me rate this face wash any less than 4. This isn't recommended for dry or normal skin beauties as you might feel that horrid stretchy after feel which we all hate. This is not a great face wash but its worth trying once if you are an oil factory like me :D



Hope this review helped you in some way. Thank you for reading this review and please do leave behind your experience with Lakme Face Washes. Have a great time ahead :)


Also read this:

Lakme Nourishing Glow Clean Up Face Wash- Review


6 comments:

Unknown said...

thats a very detailed and nice reviews.. I like those face wash which lather however I am not fan of methanol effect. I am thinking to give this a try, I am not having acne problem but oily T-zone remains an issue. Hope it will help

beautydiva said...

@Shikha S- This face wash will definitely help your t-zone prob. Its a decent product, go ahead and give it a try. Thank you :)

Kritika said...

amazing post!!! I'l skip as even i am an oil factory too..... :( however please suggest if you find something better for acne prone skin...

beautydiva said...

@Kritika- Thank you very much :)
Definitely I shall review all other products I use and let you which one is effective against oil.

Pradeep Singh said...

All MNC company need interior designs for new look. Its help look and feel gud.

Unknown said...

Is it true the lakme products are not suit everyone? And gives very bad side effects...?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...