My Lovely Followers

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

LAKME CLEAR PORES CLEAN UP FACE SCRUB- REVIEW




























With Green Tea Extracts

50g for INR 110

Lakme Says: - Get a Salon-Like* Clean-Up
# Gentle scrub with soothing green tea extracts specially designed for troubled skin
# Helps fights blemishes , reduce irritation & prevent further breakouts for clear and mattified skin
# Oil free
# Dermatologist Tested
# Non-Comedogenic
# Hypeallergenic

Professional Tip: Use the complete 3 STEP LAKME  Clear Pores CLEAN-UP regularly to see results.

* Refers to basic products used in salon clean ups.































Your skin is currently shedding cells, which leads to a build-up of dead cells and dull-looking skin. Designed specially for skin prone to breakouts, Lakmé Clean-up Clear Pores Face Scrub is dermatologist tested, non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic.With the goodness of green tea extracts to soothe your skin, and salicylic acid to prevent breakouts and fight blemishes, this gentle scrub helps get rid of dead cells, unclog pores, and gives you clear, matte skin. (Taken from Lakme Website)




Usage: Wet face. Take a generous amount & gently massage for 2-3 minutes in circular motion with fingertips avoiding the eye contour. Rinse thoroughly with water and pat dry.


Caution: Avoid contact with eyes. In case of eye contact rinse thoroughly with clear water.






























Ingredients: - Aqua, Potasium Laureth Phosphate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Hydrated Silica, Polyacrylate-1 Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Hydrolysed Jojoba Ester, Citric Acid, Glycereth-18, Salicylic Acid, Kaolin, Perfume, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract,Epilobium Angustifolia Extract, Olea Europaea Leaf Extract, CI 40290, CI 15985, CI 19140, PPG-2, Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisothiazolinone


Epilobium Angustifolia Extract- has anti-microbial & anti-irritant properties for skin.

Olea Europaea Leaf Extract- is the leaf of Olive. It is a skin conditioning agent and help reduce skin damage.






























My Opinion: - The 2nd step to a Salon Clean Up is to use the Clear Pores Clean Up Scrub. I have used this scrub about 5-6 times till now and I can say this is the best product from this range. Now coming to the packaging, its a aqua green tube with opalescent screw-on cap which is very convenient for travelling. No chance of any mess or spillage since the cap shuts tight. The silver font on the tube looks classy and very attractive. The fragrance is sweet but still refreshing, has some fresh green tea extract notes but those are very mild. The scent is quite similar to that of the face wash. This scent will not bother the sensitive noses also as it fades off after application.






















                       The scrub is non-gritty and looks like a very light blue-green gel. It is a thick paste with non-abrasive, non-gritty, finely milled scrub particles which I am in love with. I use it every 5 days and it gives me adequate exfoliation sans the redness and irritation. I wet my face, squeeze out a little scrub onto the back of my hand and apply it on dots all over my face and neck. Then I start to gently massage it all over laying special stress around my nose, mouth, forehead and chin. Since my skin has broken out, I try to be extra gentle while working with the scrub. This scrub easily washes off with a few splashes of water and does not leave behind any residue (greasiness/stickiness etc). I usually keep adding a little water at a time since the scrub dries off after a little while like all scrubs do. I keep gently massaging for about 4-5 mins and wash off.
























                          This scrub is so gentle on my skin that it does not redden and irritate my skin. It is just a mild exfoliator that gently removes dead cells and excess oil from the skin surface thereby giving a subtle matte glow which lasts for only a day at the max. Just now remember that the texture of the scrub can best be described as a mixture of a gel with fine table salt but here the scrub particles are not visible. My skin is smooth and clear after washing off and it stays that way for a long time, say a day at the most. of course it does mattify my skin and controls oil secretion to some extent. I love this scrub for its gentleness as most scrubs doesn't seem to work for me. I exfoliate every 5 days apart from using a gentle exfoliating face wash daily as I have very oily skin. I have never used this scrub alone, but always in combination with the wash & mask and it gives good results.


























Pros: -

* Affordable & Easily Available

* A small blob is enough for a single use, 50 gms will go a long way

* Very mild but effective scrub

* Very gently on my skin, no reddening or irritation

* Makes my skin smooth & soft

* Gives a subtle matte glow

* Gives that clean fresh tingling feel to my skin































Cons: -


* None as such


                    I rate Lakme Clear Pores Clean Up Face Scrub 4.25 out of 5 as it is a very gentle yet very effective scrub. It might not be the best scrub I have used but it is the best product from this particular range. If you want to try any one product from this range, go ahead and try this scrub, you will not regret I promise. But dry skin beauties might not like it at all, so try before you buy or better still skip it. A nice scrub I am enjoying at the moment.




Hope this review helped you in some way. Thank you for reading this review and please do leave behind your experience with Scrubs. Have a great time ahead :)


Also read:



3 comments:

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

Sounds like a great scrub. Would love to try it out <3

beautydiva said...

@Rakhshanda- It is the best amongst the 3 products from this range. go ahead try it dear. Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

does it minimize pores??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...