My Lovely Followers

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

LAKME CLEAR PORES CLEAN UP FACE MASK- REVIEW





























With Green Tea Extracts

50g for INR 110


Lakme Says: - Get a Salon-Like* Clean-Up
# Easy rinse-off clay based mask absorbs excess oil & helps tighten pores for clear & matte skin
# Helps prevent breakouts & contains green tea extracts known to calm your skin

Professional Tip: Use the complete 3 STEP LAKME Clear Pores CLEAN-UP regularly to see results

* Refers to basic products used in salon clean ups.





























Get that clear, matte skin with Lakme Clean-up Clear Pores Face Mask that comes with the absorbing power of clay. It helps remove excess oil and tighten pores. While green tea extracts are known to soothe your skin, salicylic acid prevents breakouts and fights blemishes. (Taken from Lakme Website)

Usage: Wet face. Apply the mask evenly on your face & neck & allow it to dry. Rinse off with water and pat dry. 


Caution: Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact rinse thoroughly with clear water.































Ingredients: - Aqua, Kaolin, Bentonite, glycerin, PEG 400, Titanium Dioxide, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Disodium Laureth Sulphosuccinate, Cetostearyl Alcohol, Niacinamide, Dimethiconol, TEA DodecylBenzenesulfonate, Perfume, Xanthan Gum, Allantoin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Salicylic Acid, Disodium EDTA, CI 40290, CI 15985, CI 19140, Pheoxyethanol, DMDM, Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butyl Carbamate, Methyl Paraben, Butyl Paraben, Ethyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Methylisothiazolinone

Face Mask contains Iodine.
































My Opinion: - This is the 3rd and last step of Lakme Clear Pores Clean-Up Skin Care Regime. Coming to the packing its a aqua green tube with opalescent screw-on cap which is safe for travelling. I always follow the Lakme Clear Pores Clean Up Face Scrub with the Clear Pores Mask. I have therefore used it 5-6 times in accordance with the other 2 products (face wash & face scrub). The fragrance is similar to the other to products, refreshing green tea extract/oil but this one is not too mild but fades off within minutes of application.




























                          The mask is a very thick paste, smooth and creamy but it is a little difficult to spread. It takes a little time and effort to evenly apply this mask on my face and neck. As claimed by the brand it does not dry in 5-7 mins but it takes a good 15 mins to dry off completely. I apply it after using the scrub on my wet face, that way it is much easier to spread the mask. Also I have noticed that if it is applied in a thin layer as suggested by Lakme it dries faster but if a thicker layer is applied, then it takes much longer than the said time (5-7 mins).



 
MILKY BLUE THICK PASTE























                              This mask is also difficult to wash off, I tried wetting my face and then gently massaging to remove the mask, it helped to some extent but wetting my face with a facecloth and then taking it off is the best way I could up with. That way its not time consuming and comes off easily. It leaves my skin soft and smooth. Mattifies my skin and absorbs the excess the oil like all clay masks do plus it diminishes my pores for quite some times. The result last for a day at the max. This mask didn't do anything for my acne- neither good nor bad. Just another clay mask with Green Tea Extracts and Salicylic Acid. The ingredient list says that it contains oodles of Parabens which the other 2 products from this range does not contain.



AFTER SPREADING






















Pros: -


* Affordable & Easily Available

* Controls Excess Oil and mattifies the skin

* Makes skin soft & smooth

* Contains Salicylic Acid & Green Tea Extracts, both great for oily skin

* Gentle on my acne, didn't irritate them






                         



























Cons: -


* Contains Parabens

* Result is temporary

* Takes time to dry (all clay masks do)

* Difficult to remove



                       I rate Lakme Clear Pores Clean Up Face Mask 3.75 out of 5. It is just another clay mask but here it is induced with Green Tea & Salicylic Acid. Takes time to apply and difficult to apply, I couldn't give it a higher rating. Dry skin girlies stay out and normal skin ladies use a moisturiser immediately as this Clear Pores Regime can be a little drying.



Hope this review helped you in some way and do leave behind your sweet comments and also share with us your experience with masks. Thank you and have a great evening :)


Also read:

Lakme Nourishing Glow Clean Up Face Mask- Review




8 comments:

Unknown said...

nice review ..
seems to be a good product..would love to try..:)
my recent post http://www.indianbeautyforever.com/2013/07/w7-power-pout-lip-gloss-in-missie-and.html

beautydiva said...

@Tejinder- Thank you dear :) Do try out if you have oily skin but its not the best of masks.

Unknown said...

Try out NIVEA total cleanup it does all 3 steps.

Nivedita said...

I'm not sure, but I still want to try out this range.
Btw, the word verification is.. I don;t know... I don't like it. It kind of takes away half of my excitement of commenting.
But nevertheless, I love your posts :)

beautydiva said...

@Shikhs S- yes I am using it since last few month... must have reviewed it by now, on my 2nd tube :P Thanks for the great suggestion my dear friend :)

beautydiva said...

@Nivedita- I know dear, but I had to put up the word verification thingie due to spam attack. Sorry dear :( Go with your eyes closed for the wash & scrub but think many times before taking the mask bcoz I think you have many clay based masks. Thank you dear :)

Nivedita said...

Thank you are right. I have hoarded up on tons of mud-clay based masks and regular use is keeping my skin very happy :)

beautydiva said...

@Nivedita- you are right, oilies like us need clay masks for excess oil absorption. Me too have quite a few. Thanks dear :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...