My Lovely Followers

Sunday, July 28, 2013

LAKME CC (COMPLEXION CARE) CREAM- BEIGE- REVIEW























All In 1
Instant Skin Stylist
SPF 20

30 ml for INR 250

Lakme Says: -
Instantly
* Protects
* Moisturizes
* Bightens
* Evens Skin Tone
* Conceals
* Freshens

This instant skin stylist brings together all the goodness of your daily skin cream with just the right touch of make-up to gives you skin that looks styled by an expert, everyday.



Available Shades:

Beige- For fair to medium skin tone

Bronze- For dusky skin tone













































































Usage: For best results dab over cleansed skin & blend in till absorbed for instant brighteness & a perfect finish. Use every day.


Caution: Avoid contact with eyes. Wash your eyes thoroughly with clean water in case of eye contact.


Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Potassium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Magnesium Sulfate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dsteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Cholestrol, Bisabolol, Perfume, DMDM Hydantoin, Dimethicone, Sucrose Distearate, Allantoin Tocopheryl Acatate, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, BHT, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Zinziber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, CI 77491, 77492, 77499























































My Opinion: - There have been a lot of Brands launching Tinted Moisturizers and called them BB Creams. Anyways, I was a little intrigued when our very own Lakme was sitting silently. And then one fine day they jumped a step ahead and launched the so-called CC Cream. But please don't be mistaken by the term 'CC' as in case of Lakme it is "Complexion Care" instead of the original concept of "Color Correcting" or "Color Control". Now coming back to the review of Lakme CC Cream, it comes boxed in a dark metallic pink cardboard box with the word Lakme in silver fonts. Inside the box rests the golden beige tube with a silver screw-on cap which makes the product travel safe, hygienic and easy to dispense. Its nearly a month I have been using it, but not on a daily basis. Here I am reviewing the Shade "Beige" which is good for fair to medium and suits me to the T. But I can tell you here itself that I am liking the product a lot. Read on to know why.....

























































               Now coming to the fragrance part, which is a big deal for me, I don't seem to like it a lot. I know the fragrance is typical Lakme scent which you would get in their sunscreens, some of the foundations and specially the Perfect Radiance Intense Whitening Compact. But for some reason I am not liking the artificial kind of scent with a slight floral touch in this CC Cream. Thankfully this scent fades off upon application and totally goes off after a couple of minutes or so. The texture of this CC Cream is very creamy and thick looking but actually it is somewhere in between a cream and a lotion. The consistency is buttery, creamy and light-weight. Now blending it is very easy, apply it on dots all over face & neck and blend out with fingertips. Within seconds it is gone and my skin looks like it has nothing on it, it looks naturally even tone and beautiful.


























                    I dare not apply my regular moisturizer underneath this CC Cream as it makes my skin oily in no time. I skip, though I know I should not, moisturizer and apply this cream all over my face & neck and spread with fingertips, not much blending is required, just spreading and patting with fingertips is enough to give my skin an even tone. It gives a semi-matte look at first but settles down to a more dewy kind of look. I layer this cream under my eyes, on uneven skin around my mouth and over the red pimples which are still sitting pretty on my face. Inspite of this layering it does not give that caked-up look instead gives that not-made-up look which we all want to achieve. This Cream minimizes the pores around my nose which I never expected from it. Apart from this, it hydrates well enough and since I have very oily skin I am not much liking this quality :P But dry to normal skin beauties will love this CC Cream for this very quality I suppose.


























                   Coming to the staying power of this CC Cream, it stays on my skin the entire day without fading, disappearing or signs of blotchiness. But it makes my skin shiny as well greasy in about 4-5 hours when I am in Air-Conditioned environment and 2+ hours when I am in non-air condition environment. I have to use blotting sheets specially on my T-zone and dust my face with a translucent powder atleast twice a day, sometimes 3 times before I reach home from office. This CC Cream gives sheer to medium coverage and is buildable without the cakey look. It blurs out the spots and flaws and hides slight circles under my eyes but I have serious doubts that this CC Cream does not have the ability to cover up major flaws. It truly keeps the skin fresh looking through out the day but not without your dose of translucent powder. I use it on days when my skin looks good naturally and can do without a the coverage of a foundation and concealer. Also I donot need an extra layer of sunscreen on my face & neck since this cream comes with SPF 20 and mostly (90% of the time) I sit in my office. But if I had to travel or stay out in the sun for some reason and I would not skip my sunscreen.
























Pros:


* Affordable & Easily Available

* Most claims are true (Protects, hydrates, brightens, freshens, even out the skin & conceals to some extent)

* Gives sheer to medium coverage

* Gives a not-made-up look, even after layer

* Does not cakes up

* Stays on my skin for the entire day, but with 2-3 times of re-touchings

* Blends like a dream

* Works so well when priced at Rs 250, that makes me happy



























Cons:



* SPF is low at 20

* Makes my skin oily and I need to keep doing touch-ups

* I don't seem to like the fragrance, but that's only me

* Only 2 shades cannot do justice to all the beautiful warm Indian Skin Tones


* Comes off easily on anything it comes in contact with, say tissues, collars, cell phone screen etc




                   I rate Lakme CC (Complexion Care) Cream in Beige 4 out of 5 since the cons are not that serious. The texture of this cream will very well suit dry & normal skin but during these hot & humid summers it is not definitely for oilies like me. If like me you sit in the AC whole day, then also you would need  touch-ups if you are as conscious as me. There has been a lot of difference of opinion regarding the shades- "Beige" & "Bronze", so it is necessary to check the shades for yourself in the stores itself for a good match. Well girlies, go ahead and indulge in India's first CC Cream, at Rs 250 you have nothing much to lose.



Hope this review helped you in some way and do leave behind your sweet comments and also tell us about India's first CC Cream. Thank you and have an awesome Sunday :)



6 comments:

Indian Beauty Zone said...

Nice Review I love it's coverage power :)

beautydiva said...

@Radha Krishnakumar- Thank you dear, I too like this product.

Unknown said...

I wanna try it soon....But cant find it in my local stores yet...Great review!

beautydiva said...

@Richa Saxena- Yes dear go ahead and try it, you won't regret it. ohh is it...but I bought it about a month back from a small makeup shop near at my locality (gurgaon). Where are you from? By now these must me available in most estores, do check out. Thank you very much :)

coralcrue said...

A very detailed and helpful review

beautydiva said...

@Coral Crue- Thanks very much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...