My Lovely Followers

Sunday, July 21, 2013

COLORBAR PICTURE PERFECT FOUNDATION BRUSH- REVIEW





















1 Unit for INR 475


Colorbar Says: - Calling all fashionistas to add some fun to every beauty job that needs to be done. Colorbar Accessories - on serious beauty-duty all day, so you can stay fabulous at work and play. Get, set, gorgeous!


Foundation Brush: Smooth and swirl your foundation flawlessly where fingers simply can't. It's all about the shape with this zingy orange brush - the idiotproof cut fits the contours of your face and blends seamlessly for a flattering, streak-free coverage.




























How To Use:

Dot liquid foundation on your face with fingers. Blends well starting from the centre of your face and working outwards. Gently clean the brush by washing with mild shampoo and cold water, rinse and leave to air-dry.































My Opinion: - All of us know the advantages of investing in good quality makeup brushes and tools, most makeup artists will admit that they are nothing without their tools. Ok also finding good quality as well as affordable makeup brushes in India is a daunting task, that you all will agree with me. Not so recently Colorbar launched an array of makeup brushes and accessories, very colorful with pink, orange and red bristles. There looked so attractive in their pretty sleek black reusable packs that I bought all of them- foundation brush, powder brush, blush brush, contouring brush along with all the eye makeup brushes and many other accessories. So from today I shall start with the foundation brush which Colorbar calls Picture Perfect Foundation Brush.























                            The Picture Perfect Foundation Brush has bright orange synthetic bristles which are soft against the skin. The brush has a white plastic chubby handle with a shiny black ferrule. The bottom of the handle is flat so that the brush can stand on itself. The bristles are soft but not the softest in a foundation brush I have used. The good thing is that the brush does not drinks up a lot of foundation and hence there is no wastage of product. 























                        Also the bristles does not get stained with foundation. It is easy to wash and dries fast. I wash my brushes at night and leave them to dry overnight, that way I don't keep checking on them and waste time and get annoyed. I bought these brushes many months back and have washed/cleaned them numerous times but this one retains its shape and still looks like new, it has never shed on washing. But the main drawback of this brush is that the bristles are not dense enough and hence it wouldn't give perfect application. The bristles are tapered at the end and this makes it easy to reach every nook and corner like the corners of the nose and the temples.























                       Now this so called Picture Perfect Foundation Brush leaves my skin streaky and uneven even after lots and lots of bending. It gives different results with different foundations (read formulations), faster drying ones are too difficult to blend with this brush and leave visible streaks on the skin which needs to be further blended with fingers. But some liquid foundations which are very runny kind and those that take a little while to set in can be good to use with this brush but still few visible streaks and I need to use my fingers or a damp sponge, then why did I spent Rs 475 on it if I had to use fingers or sponges!!! 

























Pros:


* Affordable & Easily Available

* Easy to wash/clean off

* Dries fast

* Doesn't drink up the foundation and so there is no product wastage

* Bristles are very soft against my skin

* No shedding while washing





Cons:


* Application is streaky, uneven and I have to use my fingers or a sponge to even out. This is because the bristles are not very densely packed.



                       I rate Colorbar Picture Perfect Foundation Brush 3.75 out of 5 as I have to use my fingers or a sponge to blend out the streaks and unevenness left by this brush. But unlike many foundation brushes that gives flawless application this brush does not drink up much product and they don't shed while washing and are quite soft. Also Colorbar has been my favorite brand since many years now, that's even before I started blogging so I couldn't give any lesser than 3.75




Hope this review helped you in some way and do leave behind your sweet comments and also tell us about your favorite Foundation Brush. Thank you and have a Happy Monday :D


2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice,detailed & honest review! :)

beautydiva said...

@Revathy Hnb- Thank you very much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...