My Lovely Followers

Sunday, August 26, 2012

AVON SIMPLY PRETTY BLENDABLE EYESHADOW DUO- LOOK/EOTD, SWATCHES & REVIEW



























1.7 gm for INR 249

Company Says: -
Catalogue: Easy-to-blend shades are perfect to keep your stunning look intact through the party!
Shades that look and feel like velvet
Glides and blends easily on lids
Dermatologist-tested
Written on back of pan: Silky-smooth powder eye shadow that glides and blends easily on lids for marvelous eye enhancing color. Dermatologist-tested. Hypoallergenic. Made especially for Asian women.

To Use: - Sweep the lighter color on the eyelids. Use the darker shade on your  lash line and blend upwards.
Available in 3 duos:-

Princess- Pink & Purple
Charm- Brown & Pink
Starlight- Blue & Silver























 Ingredients: - Not listed

My Opinion: - I bought this duo long back when they relaunched it. I was never attracted to the other 2 but I always wanted the Starlight duo, and I was waiting for it to be on offer, then I saw this in a new avatar and big discount and grabbed it asap. The very first time I swatched it, I fell in love with it immediately. What a gorgeous blue and silver I had found. Coming to the packaging, it’s pretty looking but very flimsy and cheap, it’s a bright pink plastic pan with a see through plastic lid which makes it easy to find out. It comes with a sponge tip applicator which is not too bad and can be used for the inner corners. It’s a cute & small duo and can be thrown into the purse for later use/touch ups.





















  



                       The texture is extremely creamy and smooth, the consistency is light weight. It is not powdery or chalky like many other brands. It is fragrance free or atleast my nose is not able to pick up any scent. The Starlight duo consists of 2 shadows, one in aqua blue with gold & holographic micro shimmers which are very finely milled. It’s one of the prettiest blue I have ever come across. The blue leans towards the teal family and can’t be called a proper blue. The other shadow is true silver with finely milled silver shimmer. The two colors complement each other very well.





















                         Once applied these shadows look like a cream shadow and both are highly pigmented. The lasting power is amazing; it lasts all day/night and comes off only when I take it off. A face wash/cleanser is not of much help and I need to use a specialized eye makeup remover to clean off completely. Both these shadows blend like a dream, with each other as well as with other shadows. It’s easy to spread on the lids. It becomes loose powder after swirling the brush in it and that part goes into each other so I have to throw it off the pan and that’s a lot of wastage. The price of this is Rs 249 which is extremely affordable taking into consideration the quality and rarity of the shades.


THE APPLICATOR- GOOD FOR INNER CORNERS





















Pros: -

* Blends like a dream

* Lasting power is amazing

* Doesn’t smudge or fades off until removed

* Mostly Avon products are on sale, so you never have to buy it for Rs 249

* Very pretty blue shadow

* Highly pigmented and looks like cream after application


SWATCHED IN NATURAL LIGHTING
























Cons: -

* Packaging is flimsy and cheap, overall looks pretty though


WITH FLASH
























I rate this Avon Simply Pretty Blendable Eyeshadow Duo in Starlight, 4.5 out of 5. It’s a hit with me from my fave brand Avon. I highly recommend this duo to all girls who love to wear blue shadow.

HERE I HAVE USED THIS DUO PLUS OTHER SHADOWS




















Hope you enjoyed my review, do leave behind your precious comments and share with us experiences with Blue/Silver Eyeshadows. Thank you and have a great Sunday :)

3 comments:

Makeup And Fashion Freak said...

nice review dea
http://makeupandfashionfreak.blogspot.in/

beautydiva said...

@butterfly- thank you my dear friend :)

beautydiva said...

@coral crue- thank you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...