My Lovely Followers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

AVON SOLUTIONS PLUS+ TOTAL RADIANCE EYE GEL- REVIEW


15 ml for INR 229

Company Says: - This soothing gel refreshes and revives the eye area. Minimizes the appearance of undereye bags and helps brighten dark circles.
Hypoallergenic Dermatologist-Tested Fragrance-free



To  Use: - Every  morning and evening, gently pat under and around eye area.



Ingredients: - Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Glycerin Aluminun Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Allantoin, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Panthenol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Squalene, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), PEG-8, Polysorbate 60, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Bupleurum Falcatum Extract, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Steareth-20, Euphrasia Officinalis extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lupinus Luteus Seed Extract, Lecithin, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Gern Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Caffeine, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, C-12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, CI 16035, Anthemis Nobilis Flower (Bitter Orange) Fruit Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, CI 19140, Sodium Lactate Methylsilanol, Dipeptide-2, Salicyclic Acid, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Sambucus Canadensis Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Disodium EDTA Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Beta-Carotene, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil
Phewwwwwww that’s a longggg list




My Opinion: - Eye creams/gels are a staple in my skin care kit. I have tried out a lot of brands over the years, some eye creams/gels are good and some are ok sort of while there are a few which I would call complete wastage of my hard earned money. Today I am reviewing Avon’s Solutions Plus Total Radiance Eye Gel, which is near about over by now. The packaging of this eye gel comes boxed in a white and orange small carton. It is in bottle jar/tub form with a white plastic screw-on lid. On opening the main lid, another thin transparent lid/cover (I lost mine) can be seen which prevents the gel to come in contact with the main lid. The jar/tub is very cute and I plan to store my homemade chocolate lip balm in it now. The packaging is travel friendly and can be thrown into the purse without any fear of mess.




                                    The consistency of this pale pink eye gel is very light and its extremely smooth and cooling on the eye area. The gel gets absorbed within few seconds and does not leave behind any sticky feeling. Its water based and non-greasy/non-oily and hence suits my oily eye lids. I apply the gel with my ring finger and gently pat it to spread, leave it on for a couple of minutes and apply makeup. It gives a slight cooling sensation when applied and I love the feeling. I apply it in the morning and at night before hitting bed. Now coming to the fragrance, it smells of ripe guavas :P and whitch hazel, though the fragrance is very mild and disappears when applied onto the skin. Ok one more thing I need to add that this gel seems to cantain micro shimmers but it is not seen on application.




                                 The costs of this eye gel is Rs 229 which is very affordable and justified taking into consideration the amount needed for a single application, just a tiny bit is enough for each eye. It stayed with me for around about 2 ½ months or so. Now coming to the effectiveness of this eye gel, I would say that it has brightened and lightened my under eye area thereby preventing dark circles. It does controls and check puffiness to quite an extent, I get puffy eyes due to lack of sleep. Even though it’s a gel, it gives adequate moisture to my eye areas. Its not drying and it hasn’t given me any irritation during the period I used it. Overall a decent eye gel but the ones with dry skin kindly stay out.




Pros: -

* Little goes a long way hence the price of Rs 229 is justified/affordable

* Brightens my under eye area

* Reduces puffiness if any

* Never irritates or dries out my eye area

* Makeup stays put over it for long time

* It’s a eye gel, hence very light weight and perfect for girls with oily lids like me

* Contains lots of botanical extracts which sounds impressive


Cons: -

* Contains too much chemicals (actually that’s no more a con)

* Contains Paraben

 * I haven't seen it the last catalogue, Avon has this bad bad habit of taking off good products

                 I rate this Avon’s Solutions Plus Total Radiance Eye Gel 4.25 out of 5. It’s a decent product from Avon and I liked it quite a lot. It would not suit dry skin since it’s a water based light weight gel. It’s a must try for the girls who love eye gels.


                 Hope you enjoyed my review, do leave behind your precious comments and share with us experiences with eye gels. Thank you and have a nice time

5 comments:

coralcrue said...

I am always on the look out for great eye products, good review :)

beautydiva said...

@coral crue- welcome to BDI, thank you and me too in the same line.

Unknown said...

Nice review . . i cant settle on one eye product to begin with . . . will keep this in mind for sure :)

beautydiva said...

@dr rashmi- thank you, i experiment a lot and keep changing after using it a while.

James said...

Nice review . . i cant settle on one eye product to begin with . . . will keep this in mind for sure :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...