My Lovely Followers

Sunday, April 29, 2012

AVON IDEAL SHADE LIQUID FOUNDATION natural SPF 10- SOFT HONEY- REVIEW


30 ml for INR 625

Company Says: - Our silky foundation is formulated with Avon’s Precise Light Technology, which combines:
  • Innovative light-adjusting pigments so skin looks natural in any light.
  • Exclusive Natural Match complex, which contains all the essential skin-true pigments needed to match over 98% of skin tones.
  • Medium Coverage
  • Satin Finish
  • SPF 10
  • Dermatologist-tested
  • Non-Comedogenic
  • Allergy-tested
  • Oil-free

SHAKE WELL

Uses: - Helps prevent sunburn. Higher SPF gives more sunburn protection.

Directions: - Apply evenly before sun exposure as needed.

Shelf Life:- 3 years from the date of manufacturing

Ingredients: - Cyclopentasiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Talc, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PEG/PPG-20/15 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Kaolin, Phenoxyethanol, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Distteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, VP/Hexadecene Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Methicone, Lauryl PCA, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Propylparaben, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Phytol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc PCA, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lecithin. C-12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Atelocollagen, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Beta-Carotene, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil
May Contain: - CI 77891, CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492/CI 77499, Mica/CI 77019, CI 77163

Available in 3 shades:
  •    Nude
  •    Pure Beige
  •    Soft Honey


My Opinion: - I have been a fan of Revlon Foundations since long. Though I used a number of other foundations from varied brands, none of them was very impressive on the coverage front. Last winter when mom gave me Avon Ideal Shade Liquid Foundation in the shade Pure Beige, which suited my skin tone very well, I was more than happy as I was planning to get it from my Avon Rep. I started applying it immediately and it left me happy enough. So last month I purchase my second bottle of this foundation, but this time in another shade- Soft Honey to match my summer skin tone. Today I am putting forward my views on this particular shade, though the formulation of every shade has to be the same.

                                The packaging of this product is very basic (read boring), squarish see through bottle with a squarish black plastic lid. The bottle, I can say is very sturdy because I dropped it many times on tiled/marble floors and got away with it. The consistency is between cream and lotion, I prefer calling it thick but not heavy. It is very light weight and I don’t feel that I am wearing a foundation. This foundation comes with SPF 10 which is an added advantage, don’t have to slather on an additional Sunscreen which saves time.
     
                                  I usually apply it with a sponge, but at times I prefer to use a brush. Its blends like a dream and I don’t have to work hard on it. The coverage is buildable, light to medium, I can say. I don’t need to apply a concealer for minor flaws and my now-barely-there dark circles. Also it hides light ance marks and covers up my pores. But for the girls, who are used to heavy coverage, might not like this foundation. I can use this foundation around my eyes without problem, my eyes are very sensitive and not all foundations suit the area around my eyes.
With Flash

                                    I have oily skin which turns to combination during the severe winters. This foundation has given me a satiny matte finish and is truly oil-free as claimed by the company. I am on my second bottle right now and I haven’t broken out because of it, also this product did not clog my pores as claimed by the company. The fragrance is extremely mild or maybe my nose is not sensitive enough to pick it up. But I have heard lots and lots of people complaining about some chemical smell. The staying power is moderate; stays on for the entire day with a little fading here and there but this can be fixed by using a primer underneath the foundation. Also a dusting of translucent powder fixes the oily t zone, blushers don’t cake over it and I don’t sweat around the mouth and nose after applying this foundation.

Pros: -
Swatched in natural light

  • Didn’t break me out
  • Non- Oily, Non-Comedogenic
  • Gives a lovely satiny matte look
  • Contains SPF 10, I use it at night also
  • Stays on for 5 hours without touch ups but using a primer beneath it increases its lasting power
  • Just a small blob is required for each application, so for me it went on for around about 3 months with regular application
  • Affordable, since it goes on for 3 months
  • Also it’s mostly on sale, so you need to keep it checking

Cons: -
Blended (in natural light)

  • It’s a little creamy hence I doubt its performance on my skin in the summers
  • Only 3 shades available
  • Light to medium coverage (buildable)
  • Not sweat proof
  • Oxidises a little on oily skin
  • Contains Parabens

                      I rate Avon Ideal Shade Liquid Foundation 4 out of 5 (-1 for all the cons, specially the nasty chemicals). I recommend this product to all foundation lovers with dry, normal & combination skin as I doubt its performance on oily skin in the summers. Also girls requiring heavy coverage stay away from this. Right now I am enjoying it, still waiting to see what happens in the peak of summers.

                              Hope you girls enjoyed reading this review; do share your experiences with us if any with this particular foundation. Thank you and do have a great day ahead :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...