My Lovely Followers

Thursday, December 1, 2011

AVON SIMPLY PRETTY CHEEK COLOR- NATURALLY NUDE- SWATCHES & REVIEW


3 gms for INR 189

Company Says:- Light-as-air powder that gives your cheeks a gentle bloom of color. (catalogue)
Are you reallly blushing? Keep them guessing with this light-as-air powder that gives your cheeks a flush of natural, pretty glow.
Made especially for Asian Women.

To Use:- Sweep on the apple of your cheek

Available in 3 naturally flattering shades-
* Blooming Peach
* Rosey Cheek
* Naturally Nude

My Opinion:-
I have reviewed only 1 blush till date on my blog which is a shame on myself since I am a very blusher person. I can't do without this makeup product, I wear blusher most of the time and I have an assortment of blusher from varied brands. Today I will be putting forward my views on my fave brand Avon's Simply Pretty Cheek Color in Naturally Nude.

The packaging is very basic, the pan is made of plastic with a clear see-through lid, looks very cheap and comes with a small brush which is of no use. A fall can break it into pieces, I feel so but mine hasn't fallen as yet. Contains very little product and I think I will hit pan soon.
My nose couldn't pick up any fragrance, good for the girls with sensitive skin/nose. It is very well pigmented and is a pretty rosy brown. I love the color so much that I am wearing it on a daily basis.

The color looks very natural on me and the best part is its matte. But 1 big problem is the staying power of this blusher when applied on bare skin or non-foundationed skin. I have to use primer, foundation and compact only then will it last long, say about 5 hours or more in an air conditioned environment and 3 hours plus under normal conditions. Without proper base this blush will fade in 2 hours flat under any condition.

It does not become cakey towards the end and fades evenly whenever it does. Naturally nude is a versatile color and will go with most Indian skin tones. Its quite cheap and I now regret not buying the other two shades as well. This shade can be used on eyelids for that naturally shaded look. Already have ordered 2 more shades and right now awaiting them. The packaging have changed and the quantity have been reduced :(

Pros:-
* Very well pigmented
* Matte and powdery which I love
* Stays on for long after proper priming & preping
* Cheap & always on offer
* Didn't break me out and irritate my skin

Cons:-
* Contains only 3 gms and I hear its been reduced to 2 gms with the new packaging
* Available only through Avon Representatives
* Ingredients list not available and shelf life not mentioned

I rate this blusher 4 out of 5. This product is a must have as it is so cheap and a really nice blush. Great for newbies I must say. But I am liking this blusher so much (I have a soft corner for blushes ;)) that I regret not buying the other two shades.

2 comments:

Raaga said...

It luks very pretty :)have u tried mad about mauve?

beautydiva said...

@raga- yet to lay my hands on Mad about Mauve but I loveee Hibiscus. Its one of my faves, shall review it shortly. Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...