My Lovely Followers

Friday, November 25, 2011

LOTUS HERBALS WHITEGLOW YOGURT SKIN WHITENING & BRIGHTENING MASQUE- SWATCH & REVIEW


Brightens, Revitalizes and firms up skin

For All Skin Types

80 gms for INR 165

Company Says:- Whiteglow Yogurt Skin Whitening & Brightening Masque enriched with Yougurt and Bearberry extracts, improves skin texture making it firm to give you brighter, younger and radiant skin.
Yogurt & Bearberry the active ingredient not only nourishes your skin but hydrates and helps regain moisture. Yogurt is rich in lactic acid which is an active skin lightening, anti-ageing, firming and restructuring agent of skin. Yogurt is effective at cleansing and disinfecting pores, preventing acne, moisturizing and eliminates dead flakes to reveal a fresh, glowing visage.

Active Ingredients:- Milk Yogurt & Bearberry



Directions:- Apply a generous amount of the masque on the face and neck. Let the mask dry. Once it dries, rinse thoroughly and pat dry. Use twice a week for brighter and firmer skin. Follow with Whiteglow Skin Whitening & Brightening Gel Creme or Micro-emulsion.

Ingredients:- D.M. Water, Kaolin, Light Liquid Paraffin, glycerin, Bentonite, Glyceryl Monostearate, Polysorbate-80, Zinc Oxide, Acacia Senegal (Gum Acacia), Yogurt Powder, Cetostearyl Alcohol, Arctostaphylos Uva-Ursi (Bearberry) Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, 2-Phenoxyethanol, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Alpha-Arbutin, Fragrance

My Opinion:-
When the Lotus Herbals Whiteglow range was launched many months ago, I bought this mask along with the scrub. The ingredients Kaolin, Bearberry & Yogurt were very tempting for me. My regular once a week mask is yogurt & fullers earth, it draws out all the oil & impurities and tones my skin. So when I saw kaolin and yogurt in the ingredient list, I was happy. Now coming to the review, I would say that it did draws out oil from my skin and this is my second tube.

The packaging of this mask is basic white plastic tube similar to the scrub with a nozzled opening and screw on silver cap but now Lotus has added a flip opening on the screw cap so that it can be used either way. This makes is convinient for travelling and avoids spilling of the mask.

The fragrance is again similar to the whiteglow scrub and I can't relate it to anything remotely also. But its sweet enough for most of our likings. The texture is very creamy and thin. Its consistency just like that of most water based face creams, i.e. light. It spreads on my skin easily and I apply it in a thick coat on my face, neck & nape after scrubbing my skin with the Whiteglow scrub.
Its so creamy that I was a bit reluctant to use it during the peak of summers. Otherwise I apply it only once a week as I have oily skin which turns to combination in winters.



After first few applications, I thought why it doesn't dry :) But later when I gave it a serious thought I came up with the lame theory that since its a creamy mask it won't dry up completely :D So after 10-15 mins I tissue off the mask and splash my skin with water to remove the remaining mask. It easily comes off and gives my skin that fresh and clean feeling with I love so much. As promised by the company, this mask give radiance and brightens up my face and the glow lasts for about 2-3 days which is quite good performance according to me.

Pros:-
* Affordable & easily Available
* Brightens up my face, gives radiance/glow which lasts for 2-3 days
* I think it will all skin types, as said by company
* This mask draws out oil to some extent
* Can be used as a pre-party mask
* Inspite of being so creamy it doesn't make my skin oilier

Cons:-
* Contains Paraben
* Some might not like the fact that it doesn't dry at all
* Company increased price by Rs 20, it was Rs 145 when launched but now its Rs 165

I rate this Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Skin Whitening & Brightening Masque 4 out of 5. Its a good mask but definitely not the best. And Lotus Herbals using Paraben is not expected. Inspite of all the above cited cons, I have purchased this mask twice. Thanks & have a great weekend :)

7 comments:

Nivedita said...

I have not tried any of the products from this line. but seeing such raves, I think I should try now

beautydiva said...

@nivedita- Whiteglow is a fab range from lotus herbals. Try out once, you will love it thanks :)

indianmakeupways said...

I have not used this mask. But it sounds nice. U r rt, lotus using parabens is a shame

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
beautydiva said...

@anu- thank you so much, i will visit you and suggest a prize :)

beautydiva said...

@anju- using paraben and calling themselves herbal :P but most prods are great. Specially the whiteglow scrub, its my hg. Thanks :)

Unknown said...

Does it come sealed?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...