My Lovely Followers

Monday, November 21, 2011

LOTUS HERBALS SEDUCTION BOTANICAL TINTED LIP GLOSS- LYCHEE SQUASH- SWATCHES & REVIEW


ml for INR 225

Company Says:- A unique high-gloss, non-sticky formula Seduction not only gives a wonderful shimmer to your lips, but also keeps it soft and supple for a longer period of time. Available in 15 fun shades, its special sponge applicator with a tip cover lips precisely. You can use Seduction Botanical Tinted Lip Gloss to add an extra zing to your lip color without affecting it.

Active Ingredients:- Extracts of Grapes and Jojoba

My Opinion:-
I was recently sent this lip gloss by Lotus Herbals, I was eyeing their new Festive Glam Collection glosses since its launch. The shade I was sent is Lychee Squash a glittery nudish pink shade. Its a subtle mixture of pink and brown, actually it looks more brown than pink and loaded with oodles of silver and pink shimmer. This lip gloss is excellent for the on coming festive/wedding season.



The packaging is very basic, transparent plastic tube with a slant tip applicator. Nothing fancy in its packacking. The smell is mild floral, again nothing special. Its slim enough to fit the tiniest purse and the tube is sturdy enough. Also it closes tight so no fear of spillage and spoilage.



It lasts upto 2 1/2 hours on my lips and leaves behind all the glitter scattered unevenly on my lips. But the other lip glosses Cranberry Crush and Jamoon leaves behind a light stain on my lips after fading off. Maybe in Lychee Squash, the shimmer is so overpowering that the stain doesnt get noticed. This gloss doesnt dry out my lips and I dont even need a lip balm underneath it.



Pros:-

* Nude shade great for daytime party wear and also for everyday wear if used sparingly
* Makes any boring or wrong shade (read Nude) lippie look gorgeous if applied on top
* Very moisturising and doesnt dry out my lips
* Color payoff is good but wearing alone will not hide pigmentation on lips



Cons:-
* Doesnt leave behind a stain after fading only glitter is left scattered unevenly, the older ones gave 2 1/2 hours of wear plus 2+ hours of stained lips i.e. gave nearly 5 hours of wear
* The girls with pigmented lips have to skip this particular shade or wear it over a lipstick
* Too much shimmer
* Not suitable for all Indian skin tones if worn alone



I rate Lychee Squash 4 out of 5. I would want a little less glitter but then I have to keep in mind that this is from the Festive Glam Collection and hence loaded with shimmer. Brides and brides maids check this out :)

Product sent by PR

2 comments:

indianmakeupways said...

the shade looks really nice. I too hate it when there is too much glitter. But the lotus lipglosses sounds really great

beautydiva said...

@anju- yes these are really good, a must try. Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...