My Lovely Followers

Friday, October 7, 2011

LAKME COLOR CRUSH TRUEWEAR NAIL POLISH- SHADE no. 14- SWATCHES & REVIEW



9 ml for INR 125

Company Says:- Funky vibrant range of colors. Shake well. Apply 2 coats. Keep away from heat & flame

Shelf life:- 36 months

Available in 11 vibrant shades:-

10 (Top Coat), 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22

My Opinion:-
I am mad about nail paints is known to the Lakme SAs, hence I gets a call saying a new line of nail paints called Lakme Color Crush has arrived :D As soon as I got a little free time, I was at the counters to have a look (read grab) at the new colors. As soon as I saw them I went weak on my knees and litterally snatchned nail polish no. 14, paid the bill and headed home to apply it :D Am this mad you see :P

Nail polish no 14 comes in a similar packaging as the normal truewear nail polish range but the lid is shiny silver instead of the normal beige colored lid. It looks pretty and much classier than the normal truewear range. No. 14 is a pretty light pink with lilac undertones and unnoticeable silver shimmer. The shimmer, though, can be seen in the bottle only if minutely observed. On the nails its a pretty frosty pink.

The color payoff is brilliant, a single coat is enough to cover the nails but a second coat ensures full opacity. The consistency of this nail paint is thin and hence it glides on my nails with ease. The brush is also quite good and doesnt give the much hated streaky look/application. The nail polish is not watery or runny but not on the thick-gooey side as well.


It takes about 1 1/2- 2 minutes to dry. I didnt have to worry about messing up my nails since it dried so fast. This nail paint no. 14 is neither matte nor glossy but frosty. A single coat looks a little streaky hence a second coat became essential. This shade is perfect for every/office wear as well as for the parties too. This particular shade will make great nail art, also shade no. 14 made my hands/nails look elegant (atleast so thought I ;) )

Pros:-
* 10 pretty shades including 1 clear top coat
* The smell is on the milder side
* Long lasting, stayed on for 5 days without chipping and fading (I dont do household work)
* Looks freshly applied till I remove it
* The prettiest pink I have ever laid my hands on :)
* Color payoff is brilliant

Cons:-
* The price is Rs 125, but the quality is same as the other Lakme Truewear Nail Colors
* Pathetically numbered, names would have been better

I rate this shade no 14 of Lakme Color Crush Nail Paints 4.25 out of 5. Its a great shade for fair to wheatish skintones. Also a gem in your collection of pink nail paints is you are a sucker for pinks. Above all the quality is great and I am eyeing the orange shade as of now.

10 comments:

M. said...

I saw this range a few days back but didn't buy it because of the limited range of colour....now I think I will check the shade 14 out :)

indianmakeupways said...

this shade looks very classic. i gotta check this out

beautydiva said...

@ISF- thanks for being here. I will surely check out your site.

beautydiva said...

@emm- ohhh check these out and specially the violet, orange & this one. thanks :)

beautydiva said...

@anju- grab it dear, also check out the orange and violet shades. They are awesomeeeeeee. Thanks :)

Vertu said...

Wow! how you manage to have such a long nails.Pretty shade.

You've got real nice blog. Btw my first giveaway at my blog.
http://vivaciousblog17.blogspot.com/2011/10/100-followers-giveaway.html

beautydiva said...

@vertu- thanks and congrats. I will participate for sure :)

justsangy said...

lovely colors... though i picked bright ones *.*

beautydiva said...

@justsangy- welcome to BDI. I love this color, the range got some bright shades as well. Thank you :)

Unknown said...




Nail Polish
Every aspiring junior economist should read Atlas Shrugged. It's eerie how spot on she was in predicting things to come.thanks for sharing.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...