My Lovely Followers

Thursday, October 6, 2011

JOVEES ROSE SKIN TONER- SWATCHES & REVIEW


100 ml for INR 130

Company Says:- Jovees Rose Skin Toner cum Astringent enlivens skin with special botanical extracts that includes Rose petals, Lemon grass, Chamomile & Sage helps normalize pH balance of skin, increases skin's ability to retain moisture, removes excess oils & helps to minimize enlarged pores to leave skin clean & clear.

Method of Use:- Clean face preferably with Jovees Strawberry or Tea Tree Face Wash & pat dry. Pour a few drops of Rose Skin Toner on cotton balls & dab on face & neck. Use twice daily.

Active Ingredients:- Rose Petals, Sage, Lemon Grass, Chamomile.

My Opinion:-
When I got bored of my Oriflame Aloe Toner, this bright red toner from Jovees caught my fancy. It was a spray bottle with a transparent plastic lid. The packaging is good enough for my frequent travels.

The fragrance of this attractive red toner is very sweet like that of fresh roses. It is so refreshing and lively that using it is a pleasure. But here I need to caution my friends with sensitive nose, the fragrance is on the stronger side. The fragrance doesnt stay after spraying the toner on skin.

It is a very light and mild toner/astringent and it did its job well. But it worked for a very less time, say for about an hour or so. After an hour my face would be oily again :( Anyways its gentle on my skin and never dried it out or made it feel stretchy. It also didnt harm my pimples, I could use it while I broke out. I have been using this toner twice a day since I bought it.

But my major problem with this toner/astringent is that it leaves a sticky film on my skin which goes away after say 15 mins. And yeah, its more freshening if its kept in the fridge. Anyways prolonged use of this toner has reduced my large pores to quite an extent. Also it gives life to dull/tired skin when sprayed on after a busy day.

Pros:-
* Active ingredients list is very impressive
* Didn't dry out my skin, its mild enough
* I love the bright red liquid and the spray bottle packaging
* Travel-friendly
* Strong rosewater fragrance is very refreshing

Cons:-
* Full ingredient list not given
* Leaves a sticky film behind after application, though it goes after 10-15 mins
* Becomes too frothy when shaked
* Controls the oiliness for around an hour only
* Plain rosewater works better than this Toner :P

I rate this Rose Skin Toner 3.5 out of 5 (-0.5 for sticky-ness & frothy-ness when shaked, -0.5 for non-effective-ness for oil control, -0.5 for non-availability of full ingredient list). I would prefer rosewater over this toner/astringent. Also my Avon Rose Toner is waiting for me to try it out.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...