My Lovely Followers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

ORIFLAME VERY ME COVER UP CONCEALER- SWATCHES & REVIEW

1 gm for INR 198

Company Says:- Hide imperfections with easy-to-use concealer stick for a fresh, natural look. Contains Tea tree Oil to soothe and calm blemishes.

Ingredients:- Not Listed

My Opinion:- Concealers are very important when we want to achieve a flawless skin. Under eye dark circles, blemishes, spots etc can mar your looks. Due to lack of sleep, I sometimes get circles around my eye area and also I have to conceal the 2 tiny pimple scars on my left cheek. In this case, I need a good concealer which can work on under eyes as well as on spots. So I ordered for Oriflame's Very Me Cover Up Concealer in Perfect Light but I was given Dark Secret instead.

              The packaging of this concealer is very impressive, looks like a marker pen :P Its a black pen with a green cap and it is retractable, no hassles of sharpening :D Once a week I clean off the tip with a tissue very gently. It has a very mild and sweet fragrance which is gone after application but it doesn't have any tea tree fragrance at all.
Swatch

              The concealer is creamy and gives medium coverage to under eye area but for the 2 little spots it doesn't do much, it is not good for heavy under eye dark circles and very dark spots. I apply it in dots around my eye area and over the tiny spots and gently blend in with either my ring finger or a concealer brush. It blends very well and merges into the skin well. Then I set it with a translucent powder using a puff by dabbing gently, brushing off the excess powder with a large fluffy brush. I don't use foundation on a daily basis so before applying the concealer I apply my tinted moisturiser but you can apply a foundation as usual.

              The staying power of this concealer is around about 2 hours and then is starts fading and finally it completely evaporates from my skin. This happens maybe because I have oily skin :( At nights it lasts a little longer compared to day. Another problem is it melts in the heat as I sweat but in my purse it is in perfect condition, doesn't melt or become too soft or break. It is not very pigmented and is a good option for girls with lesser flaws.
Blended Swatch

Pros:-
Creamy
Blendable
Cheap (Cheapest concealer I think)
Pencil form
Easy to carry around, good for girls on the go

Cons:-
Stays for not more than 2 hours
Melts due to sweating
Evaporates altogether
Gives minimal coverage, not good for dark circles or dark spots/blemishes

            I rate this product 3.5 out of 5. No I will not repurchase this concealer as there are other brands to explore.

6 comments:

Gauri said...

It's looking delish in the pic, me want it now!

beautydiva said...

@gauri- wait till next month, it might be on offer. Thanks :) :)

indianmakeupways said...

I have given u a blog award! come and take a look.

Nivedita said...

I'm not of not too happy with oriflame concealers.. Thanks for the review

beautydiva said...

@anju- thanks very much dear :D

beautydiva said...

@nivedita- try giordani gold concealer, you wont be disappointed. Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...