My Lovely Followers

Saturday, July 16, 2011

ORIFLAME ABSOLUTE CONCEALER FOR EYES- PINK & GOLD- SWATCHES & REVIEW

10 ml for INR 198

Company Says:- Ideal for the delicate eye area! Dual action concealer containing Eyeliss to help reduce the appearance of puffiness and Eye bright, to help soften shadows under the eye. With 68% water for a refreshing effect.

To Use:- Gently dab several dots of concealer around the eye area. Using your fingertips or fine brush, softly tap concealer into desired areas.

Ingredients:- Not Listed

Available in 2 shades:-
Pink
Gold

My Opinion:- These days I wake up with tired looking eyes because of lack of sleep. I also get minor dark circles every now and then. While flipping through the pages of the Oriflame catalog, I saw the Absolute Eye Concealer and ordered both. According to me, the pink one is good for covering blueish undertones of dark circles and the gold one is for brighten up the eye area, it has yellow undertones along with a whitish cast to it.

              The packaging is very handy, comes in a small tube with pointed tip, this makes it easy to press out the required quantity of concealer. Very hygienic and also spill proof. The tube is tiny so it can be thrown into your purse easily. It is fragrance free, hence its very safe for the eyes. The texture is creamy but watery, the skin absorbs it fast. It is super blendable and I set it with translucent powder before applying my eye makeup.

               It gives sheer coverage so girls with heavy dark circles find it useless. But whenever I need a little more coverage, I top it with another concealer like Oriflame's Dual Skin Corrector or Avon's Ideal Shade Concealer Stick. Also I make sure to set it with a good quality translucent powder. The gold one has a hint of shimmer which is nearly invisible but the pink one doesn't seems to be plain.

               This Absolute Concealer for Eyes is a multi-purpose concealer. You can use it in different ways to achieve different results. If you want a glowing skin for your night out after hectic day, add a little absolute concealer with your regular foundation and glow away. In a hurry, you can use these two concealers as highlighters also; just dab gently on your cheekbones, forehead, nose and chin. Another thing I have noticed is that the concealer works as a good base for eye shadows and eye pencils, the color pops up well. Wait for it to dry for a minute or two before topping it with anything.
Swatches

              The staying power is not very nice but if you are not into the habit of touching yourself, it can stay upto 4-5 hours. After that it needs a touch up and setting with a powder. It doesn't slips off the skin but just fades away. It is a water based cream, feels very light on my skin. Regulates my oily lids, also I have a feeling that it will work very well on dry skinned girls. One more important thing I want to share with you all is that this concealer prevents creasing of eye shadows :D

Pros:-
  • Good value for money as only a tiny amount is required for 1 application
  • Affordable
  • Multi use product
  • Tiny tube is travel friendly
  • Swatches (Blended)
  • Easy to take off, face wash and water cleans it off

Cons:-
  • Staying power is less
  • Gives sheer coverage, not good for heavy dark circles
  • Ingredients not listed

               I rate this product 3.75 out of 5. This concealer is one of the best eye shadow base/primer I have used. Thumps up to this multi functional product, only if it could give atleast medium coverage. I have 2 tubes right now, hence I wouldn't be needing to repurchase soon.

7 comments:

indianmakeupways said...

never heard about this brand. but looks pretty nice. cool review

beautydiva said...

@anju- this is from oriflame, I forgot to mention :P Thanks :)

Gauri said...

That first photo makes me want to run out & buy them...

beautydiva said...

@gauri- yup very cute lil tubes:D

mineral lipstick said...

Oriflame is a very nice product and usually the quality of make up is good.It is important for the color of the concealer to match that of the skin tone you are wearing.

beautydiva said...

@mineral lipstick- thank you so much for the tip. Also thanks for stopping by and do keep coming :)

Unknown said...

not working for me, i bought the gold ones and dissapointed

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...