My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

AVON SMOOTH N WHITE WHITENING PRESSED POWDER SPF 16- REVIEW

AVON SMOOTH N WHITE WHITENING PRESSED POWDER SPF 16- REVIEW

11 gms for INR 179

Company Says:- Look naturally fair and fresh all day !
¤ Contains Licorice extract to help lighten skin and SPF 16 UVA/UVB protects to prevent skin darkening n sun damage
¤ Ultra absorbing, micro-powders blend evenly n smoothly for that fresh feeling
¤ Oil-free, Dermatologist-tested, Clinically tested, Non-comedogenic n Non-acnegenic

To Use:- Pat and smooth gently on face.

Ingredients:- Not Listed

Available in 4 shades:-
1. Almond
2. Golden Beige
3. Natural
4. Soft Bisque

My Opinion:- I was using Revlon Touch n Glow Moisturising Powder since long. But about 2 months back I came across this baby and immediate placed an order for it since it was much cheaper than Revlon and also came with SPF unlike it. So right now I am using this pressed powder in the shade Almond which perfectly matches my skintone. This compact scores over the Revlon Moisturising Powder as it contains sun protection (SPF 16) and I can wear it alone over my moisturiser. It feels very light on my skin and it instantly brightens up my skin. The applicator, that comes with it, is good enough but I personally prefer using a fluffy powder brush to apply it
  
                       It has a mild floral fragrance which I love but doesn't linger on for long. The best thing about this pressed powder is that it stays on for long and just a single touch up during the day is enough. I have oily skin and this pressed powder really absorbs the oil from the surface of my skin but after 2-3 hours oil shows up on my T-zone only. But it scores above Revlon Moisturizing Powder also because it is color true and does not oxide on oily skin. It is very moisturising and doesn't dry out my skin. Also it doesn't leave a white cast on my skin. Doesn't clog the pores and also no chance of breaking out since its non acnegenic. I love the packaging as it is pretty pink and very girly.

Cons:- This pressed powder comes in a single compartment but that's ok with me.

                       I rate this product 4.75 out of 5. Right now its a hit with me and I am loving it :D

27 comments:

indianmakeupways said...

wow! it absorbs oil?????? then i gotta check it out. i too am plagued wit severely oily skin.

Zestful Uzma said...

Nice review BD, I can try Almond shade I guess for my Fair complexion :-)

Unknown said...

sounds great..

beautydiva said...

@anju- i suggest you give it a try, its very affordable as well :)

Karishma said...

powder with spf is always a plus point. i mean you cannot apply sunscreen after applying makeup. gr8 review.

beautydiva said...

@uzma- yes almond is perfectly suitable for fair skin. Am happy with my almond shade :)

beautydiva said...

@bhumika- thank you :)

beautydiva said...

@Ginger- i was searching for cheaper compact with spf and am happy with this one. Thanks :)

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

Sounds like a good one ❤❤ Thanks for sharing :D

Tanya said...

I needed a powder for oily skin. I think after this review am gonna give this one a try
thanks! :)


Tanya
xoxo
www.pinkandfrolic.blogspot.com

The Cat Hag said...

Cool, I need to look around for an Avon rep in my estate!

It's been a long time since I used Avon products, and now I wanna try this loose powder you recommended. :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

beautydiva said...

@rakhshanda- welcome dear :)

beautydiva said...

@tanya- thanks, do try it ou once... Its cheap as well :D

beautydiva said...

@addie- its a pressed powder/compact and not loose powder. But its worth trying. Thanks :)

Gorgeous Glam said...

Great review I will have to try it now! thanks for sharing doll! xo

beautydiva said...

@taj acosta- thanks dear :)

The Beautifier said...

I was recently thinking of hauling some Avon products, good that you mentioned about this baby, I am gonna get it for sure! xoxo

beautydiva said...

@shonali- get it...you will love it :)

Anonymous said...

Nyc review I need to check with the oil absorption ;D

Hey enter my giveaway on my blog :D

Nivedita said...

Hey, some how your post alerts did not show up in my dashboard. I was having some errors. Nice review. I was curious about this one which I often see in the brochure. I think I would go ahead with this one myself now. Thanks for the review

beautydiva said...

@shugraa- thanks dear. Check it out for sure..you will love it. And i will def enter your giveaway and win it ;) :D

beautydiva said...

@nivedita- np dear blogger gives problems at times. Thanks and for sure try it out :)

indianmakeupways said...

hey, i have tagged u. check it out

beautydiva said...

@anju- thanks..i will do it soon :)

Fathima said...

i have given you an award on my blog...check it out on my blog

beautydiva said...

thanks a lot fathima

Althea said...

which is the darkest shade

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...