My Lovely Followers

Saturday, February 26, 2011

TOOTH STAINS- CAUSES, PREVENTION N TREATMENT


                  Hello ladies, sorry for not posting so long. I was unwell and under went surgery, but now I have fully recovered. A small little harmless lump on the underside of my tongue had bothered me too much but now its gone and I am safe and happy again.
                    Today I am going to talk about another embarrassing oral problem- Stained Teeth.  Stained teeth are not a pleasant sight. It adds to your source of worry and can deflate your self confidence.

Causes:- Constant Smoking, Beetle-nut/Pan chewing, drinking too much tea/coffee, improper brushing of the teeth contribute to the yellow stains on teeth.

Treatment:- A professional polishing is inevitable. However, here are some homemade/diy tooth cleansers you may try if staining is not of serious nature.

* Mix half a tspn of soda bicarb with a little water to form a paste consistency. Rub onto your teeth with your finger for a couple of minutes. This brings out the pearly whiteness of your teeth.

* Take a tspn of lemon juice and combine with salt to make a paste. Now massage/rub this paste onto your teeth. This paste helps to get rid of the yellowish tint of your teeth.

* Lemon or orange peel powdered may be used as a teeth whitener.

* Dried and powdered bay leaves combined with dried powdered orange peel is an excellent whitener.

Prevention:-
* Brush teeth after every meal :P

* Avoid too much tea/coffee.

* Chew crunchy carrots and celery leaves.

* Fruits like apples, strawberries bring out the sparkling, pearly whiteness of teeth. Munch on them or simply use a slice to rub your teeth.

* During the orange season, use the inner white part of an orange peel to rub teeth for a lovely white shine.

10 comments:

Nivedita said...

Nice post. Very handy

Poohkie said...

Glad you're doing well. I was just thinking of you today & was going to ask how you are.

Good tips. I too have a slight discoloration of the teeth :( I've wanted to try the soda bicarb or the salt thing, but won't they damage the tooth enamel?

beautydiva said...

@nivedita- thanks

beautydiva said...

@poohkie- thanks dear :) using soda bicarb or salt twice/thrice a week regularly doesnt harm because i was doing it since long, dont have any discoloration right now :)

Poohkie said...

that's fantastic. I will try it.

beautydiva said...

@Poohkie- you will get good results dear :)

Ed Mcgoldrick said...

Wow! I didn't know that there are other ways to treat stained teeth. I'll try this one when weekend comes, since I was having a hard time with my stained teeth. If all else fails, I guess visiting my dentist is the only way.

beautydiva said...

@ed- thanks for stopping by. do give this a try and let me know the outcome. thanks :)

Ryder Mulford said...

I guess tooth stains are difficult to avoid and remove. Sometimes, we can only know what food or drink can stain our teeth until we get one. I think these home remedies are fun to try, especially when you're on a tight budget.

beautydiva said...

@ryder mulford- thanks for stopping by. Yes these can be fun but time consuming as well. Do keep coming back :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...