My Lovely Followers

Monday, January 31, 2011

HIMALAYA LIP BALM- REVIEW

HIMALAYA LIP BALM- REVIEW

10 gms for INR 20

Company Says:- Lip Balm enriched with Carrot Seed Oil, a natural sunscreen and Wheatgerm Oil, a rich source of Vitamin E, to nourish and soften lips.

Direction For Use:- Apply on lips as and when needed.

Ingredients:- Each gm contains: Oils Eranda (Rinicus Communis) 10mg, Garijara (Daucus Carota) 10mg, Godhuma (Triticum sativum) 10mg, Hyamaraka (Wrightia tinctoria) 10mg, Narikela (Cocos nucifera) 10mg.

* Store in a cool and dry place * Do not freeze * Ayurvedic Propriety Medicine * Hypo-allergenic * No harmful chemicals *

My Opinion:- I have been using this lip balm on and of for quite sometimes now. It is the most overlooked product of Himalaya. A single tube goes on and on for a long time. Its very moisturising and prevents chapping. A little balm under my lipstick keeps my lips soft and moist. This lip balm contains Wheatgerm Oil and Coconut Oil which are very nourishing and moisturising in nature. It also contains Carrot seed Oil which is a natural sunscreen. It stays on for an hour or 2 during daytime but at night it stays on till the morning. In the long run it prevents and heals chapped lips which most of us face during winters.
                   It has a somewhat fruity scent which is mild n doesn't stays on for long and looks like Vaseline, only its a bit thicker. The lip balm comes with a shelf life of 3 years and it claims to contain 100% herbal actives and its very cheap at only INR 20. The tube comes with an easy to apply slanted tip therefore there is no tension of contamination. But I do clean off the tip with a tissue regularly. Moreover it is a hypo allergenic lip balm without any harmful chemicals which makes it safe for kids also.

                 This product has no cons whatsoever and I rate this lip balm 5 out of 5. I will purchase it as soon as it gets over. Thanks to Himalaya for this great lip balm :D

27 comments:

Tanveer said...

This is a really nice lip balm - I quite like it, but don't use it as it doesn't have a tint. It is good for night time :D

Beautydiva said...

@Tanveer- welcome back...missed you. Yes good for night time use or under lipstick. Thanks :)

rakhshanda said...

Great review...i love Himalaya and Lotus lipbalms:)

shoppingaholic said...

I liked this lip balm a lot...

beautydiva said...

@Rakhshanda- Thanks dear. We have similar choice in lip balms :D Lotus 1 is my HG right now.

beautydiva said...

@Shoppingaholic:- Me too loves it, using it since long. Thanks :)

RoseofSharron said...

I'll have to try this!

beautydiva said...

@Sharron- yeah its a nice product, do give it a try :) thanks

The Beautifier said...

Nice review! I have tried a couple of Himalaya products and I like them all!

beautydiva said...

Thanks :) Yes himalaya products are very good, i like most of the things I got.

Karishma said...

i have used this once before, and had totally forgot about it. i think its time to buy this again. great review.!!

beautydiva said...

@Ginger- Thanks a lot. Its a great product :)

Anonymous said...

I am taking roaccutane and it's great for dry and chapped lips. Sometimes is hard to find it (because i am in Costa Rica) but definitely the look out worth it.

beautydiva said...

@anonymous- thanks for being here :)But isnt it harmful?

Princess said...

is it good for summers cos in summers there r no chapped lips !

beautydiva said...

@princess- it helps to heal chapped lips also. Thanks for being here :)

Princess said...

Ya, But I asked the opposite :) If there r no chapped lips, like in summer, then is it of any use ?

Princess said...

Ya, But I asked the opposite :) If there r no chapped lips, like in summer, then is it of any use ?

beautydiva said...

@princess- yes you can apply it at all times. I apply at night if my lips are ok, i mean in the summers. But no harm in applying it during day also as it will keep your lips moisturised and soft. Thanks :)

Princess said...

Thank u so much !

beautydiva said...

@princess- welcome :)

Anonymous said...

@beautydiva: What do you mean with harmful? It is great!!!

beautydiva said...

@anonymous:- Check out the side effects :)

Anonymous said...

@Beauty Diva. I guess my mental sanity is over the side effects n_n

beautydiva said...

@anonymous- thats good enough for you :)

मी मराठी .... said...

I have also started using the same after spending lots of money on costly lipbalms. My observation is also the same yours.
Ur blog is very informative & useful.

मी मराठी .... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...